Leave of absence
A leave of absence is permissible for students if they can provide evidence of sufficiently important grounds. Students attending degree programmes with vocational and academic elements must first apply to the dual study centre!
You can apply for leave of absence directly on my.h-da.de in the section "Studienservice". The application must be made within the re-registration period for the corresponding semester, and will be processed once it has been officially acknowledged.
Should you need to apply for a leave of absence for the current semester, an application must be submitted at the latest by 30.09. for summer semesters and at the latest by 31.03. for winter semesters. A leave of absence application for a previous semester will not be accepted.
Examples of reasons for a leave of absence include:
- A study-related stay abroad.
- Maternity leave/parental leave/caring for relatives.
- Assisting within a university department, the students’ body or the students’ union, which demands a considerable amount of time, for a maximum of two semesters.
- Re-registration by dint of a colloquium, or a ‘proof of performance’ once a thesis has been submitted.
- Completing a study-related practical phase, which is not part of the studies.
- Being part of the cadre of a top sports association belonging to the Olympic Sports Association.
Appropriate certification must be submitted.
A leave of absence is limited to a maximum of six semesters (exceptions include: illness and maternity or parental leave).
Obligations and rules for students during a leave of absence
Even students on a leave of absence must pay their semester contribution on time for the appropriate semester. The AStA of the h_da decides whether a RMV contribution incurred during a leave of absence should be reimbursed.
Leave of absence semesters do not count as study semesters. Acquiring certificates of achievement or taking exams during a leave of absence is only permissible for cases of maternity/parental leave/caring for relatives, assisting within a university department or being part of the cadre of a top sports association belonging to the Olympic Sports Association.
Re-taking a failed exam is permitted for all.
Information on the current state of processing
You can find out whether your application has been approved by retrieving your enrolment certificate online at my.h-da.
Information on the current processing
You can currently find out whether your application has been approved through your enrolment certificate, which you can access online at my.h-da.de.