Das Semesterticket ist ab den 1. April in digitaler Form bundesweit gültig.


Revalidation: Validity of the semester ticket

From summer semester 2024 on, there will be a nationwide semester ticket in digital form instead of the printed RMV-logo. You can find all information about how to use the digital ticket on the AStA website. The RMV ticket on the CampusCard is then no longer valid. 

General instructions

The CampusCard is your student ID for the entire duration of your studies at h_da, it is not a substitute for an official photo ID (ID card/passport) and is not transferable to other persons. The first issuance is free of charge.

Your CampusCard will be sent to you by mail shortly after your enrolment has been confirmed, provided you have entered a German address in the university portal. If you do not receive your CampusCard by mail, please apply for a second issuance no later than four weeks after your enrolment has been confirmed, otherwise it will be subject to a fee.

Functions of the CampusCard

The CampusCard is also a pre-paid card for payments in the canteens. Devices to load credit are situated in the entrance lobby.

Once you have activated your CampusCard’s pass function at one of the h_da media centres (German), you can use it to borrow library items. Simply activate the library function at one of the centre’s service counters.

*From summer semester 2024, the semester ticket will be available in digital form.

The RMV logo on your CampusCard denotes your semester ticket (German). It permits you to travel by public transport within the Rhein-Main-Verkehrsverbund (RMV) network. The ticket’s validity is automatically extended each time you re-register, from the day of re-validation until the start of the following semester, for which you are re-registered.

Once activated, a chip integrated into the CampusCard serves as a key for several rooms and areas of the university. Please refer to the key issuance department to activate the function.

The CampusCard serves as a ticket for free entrance to several theatres as well as to the State Museum in Darmstadt. The following theatres are included:

  • Staatstheater Darmstadt
  • Theater im Moller-Haus
  • HoffART-Theater
  • Theater im Pädagog

Please note that premieres, guest performances, special events and performances for children are generally excluded from free admission.

Further information can be found on the website of the AStA (German).

Extending validity: Re-validation

The CampusCard also houses a special Thermo-Rewrite-Strip, which needs to be re-printed every new semester at one of the (re-)validation machines dotted around the university. Re-validation is possible once you have paid your semester contribution

Your CampusCard is unusable without a valid expiry date!


  • A10 - ground floor, sitting area next to staircase
  • C10 – ground floor main corridor, opposite the WC
  • C19 – ­­in the Foyer of the lecture hall building (next to the toilet)
  • C23 - ground floor, Foyer, left to the staircase
  • D10 - first floor, learning centre, left to single cubicle
  • E10 - third floor, Bistro, R 304 next to pin board
  • E30 - ground floor, R 0.41


  • F11 - Mensa, Foyer, downward staircase
  • F15 - hallway
  • F25 - library section Dieburg

Safeguarding your CampusCard

The h_da does not provide protective covers for cards. Nonetheless, students have a responsibility to make sure that their CampusCards are stored carefully and treated in much the same way as a photo ID would be.
We advise you not to store the CampusCard together with an embossed card, such as a credit card with its protruding letters, in the same pocket of a wallet/purse – as the letters could otherwise scrape away the CampusCard’s imprint. Furthermore, please refrain from using protective covers, as these contain lots of plasticizers which could also peel away the imprint.
Should the imprint on your card nonetheless wear away, please follow the instructions here (German).


Application for a new card

In case of loss, theft, wear and technical defect as well as name changes, it is possible to apply for a new CampusCard at the Student Service Center. For direct issuance, we recommend submitting the application directly during opening hours of the SSC counter.

In the following cases, a fee of €15 will be charged for the second issuance of the CampusCard:

  • Loss
  • Defect due to own fault (visible damage, scratches, creases, etc.)
  • Change of the photograph

If you no longer have the CampusCard in your possession, and it has locking authorisation functions, it is your duty to have it blocked. You can also block the CampusCard yourself via the self-service feature, under the data administration for students, ‘block CampusCard or locking system chip’.



*Contact via student e-mail account stating the matriculation number

Consultation hours


Monday, Tuesday and Thursday






Consultation hours Darmstadt: Schöfferstr. 3, Building C23, 1st floor (SSC desk)

Further dates by arrangement

Monday, Tuesday and Thursday




On-site consultation Dieburg: Max-Planck-Str.2, Building F01, 1st floor, Room 1.108 and 1.109

*during the lecture period