Interior Architecture (Master's degree)
The "Master of Engineering" training focuses on the core competencies of interior designers. Specialist knowledge is imparted that can be applied independently in the case of complex practical problems. In addition to the focus on "project and design", the following are taught
oriented to the broad field of activity of the profession - the following topics are taught in an application-oriented manner:
- Design theory - interior and atmosphere, new media, representation and presentation
- Construction, interior design, lighting design
You can find more detailed information on the degree programme on the website of the Faculty of Architecture.
The Master's degree opens up a broad spectrum of professional opportunities:
- Work as a self-employed interior architect.
- Membership in the Chamber of Architects - after at least two years of professional practice - and use of the professional title "interior architect".
- Project management in interior architecture, planning and design offices
- Leading positions in planning departments of companies
- Management positions in companies in the construction industry (lighting /luminaires, furniture, trade fair and exhibition construction...)
- Career in the higher civil service at federal and state level Doctorate
Qualifications and competences for the above-mentioned fields of activity are taught in the modules of the degree programme. The units may include lectures, seminars, project work and interdisciplinary project phases. The illustration opposite serves as an overview. A detailed presentation of the study contents can be found in the module manual (German).
The admission requirement is a qualified bachelor's degree or diploma in the field of interior design with an overall grade of 2.0 or better. Applicants with an overall grade between 2.1 and 2.4 are admitted if their portfolio is assessed with at least 25 points.
Part of the admission requirements is an internship. Please inform yourself on the faculty's website. A detailed presentation of the admission requirements can be found in the Special Provisions of the Examination Regulations (German) as well as in the Admission Regulations (German).