Architecture (Master's degree)
The "Master of Engineering" education focuses on the core competences of architects. Specialist knowledge is imparted that can be applied independently in the case of complex practical problems.
In addition to the focus on "project and design", the following topics, among others, are taught in an application-oriented manner - oriented towards the broad field of activity of the profession:
- Representation and presentation, new media
- Sustainable building, building construction, energy-efficient building.
More detailed information on the study programme can be found on the website of the Faculty of Architecture (German).
The Master's qualification opens up a wide range of professional opportunities for you:
- Work as a self-employed architect.
- Membership in the Chamber of Architects - after at least two years of professional practice - and use of the professional title "architect".
- worldwide professional qualification as an architect - in accordance with the UNESCO/UIA Charter for the Education of Architects
- project management in architectural and planning offices
- leading positions in planning departments of companies
- management positions in companies in the construction industry
- career in the higher civil service at federal and state level
Qualifications and competences for the above-mentioned fields of activity are taught in the modules of the degree programme. The units may include lectures, seminars, project work and interdisciplinary project phases. A detailed presentation of the study contents can be found in the module manual (German).
The admission requirement is a qualified Bachelor's degree or diploma in the field of architecture with an overall grade of 2.0 or better. Applicants with an overall grade between 2.1 and 2.4 are admitted if their portfolio is assessed with at least 25 points. An office internship of at least 12 weeks must have been completed by the beginning of the lectures of the 3rd semester at the latest. 6 weeks must already be proven by 31.12. of the year of enrolment. A detailed description of the admission requirements can be found in the Special Regulations of the Examination Regulations (German) as well as in the Admission Regulations (German).