Interior Architecture (Bachelor's degree)
|With admission restriction.|
How do you design and construct a quality room, where are windows and doors positioned, what materiality do floors and walls have, which furniture and luminaires/lighting systems create a functional and aesthetic overall picture? These questions are practical application fields of interior design at the interface with architecture and design. In the interior architecture degree programme of the same name, students learn to plan and design interiors in six semesters. The Bachelor's programme in Interior Architecture at Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences is strongly oriented towards the topics of architecture and interior design. In addition to design and art history, building construction, architectural drawing, materials and surfaces are important elements of the programme. You can find more detailed information about the study programme on the website of the Faculty of Architecture (German).
Interior architects have a broad field of application.
- Interior design and refurbishment of offices, residential buildings, surgeries, shops and hotels.
- Interior design consultancy in offices for contract furnishing
- Design studios and interior design workshops of furnishing houses
- Trade fair and exhibition construction
- Product development for furniture or lighting fixtures
Building on the Bachelor's degree, the following Master's programmes are possible:
Interior Architecture - Master of Engineering
Qualifications and competences for these fields of activity are imparted by the modules of the Bachelor's degree programme. These study units can include seminars and lectures, project phases or experimental work. A detailed presentation of the study contents can be found in the module manual (German). The Bachelor's degree is professionally qualifying, but also enables the transition to Master's degree programmes (see graphic).
The degree programme Architecture (B.Eng.) is subject to limited admission (NC). The following school-leaving qualifications, among others, apply as admission requirements:
- General higher education entrance qualification
- Subject-related higher education entrance qualification valid in Hesse
- University of Applied Sciences entrance qualification valid in Hesse
Part of the admission requirements is an internship. Please refer to the website of the faculty (German) for more information. A detailed description of the admission requirements can be found in the Special Provisions of the Examination Regulations (German).