June 28 to July 1
Welcome to GPEA PS 2022
Each year the Polytechnic Summit assembles leaders, influencers and contributors who shape the future of polytechnic education. The Polytechnic Summit provides a forum to enable opportunities for collaboration and partnerships and for participants to focus on innovation in curriculum and pedagogy, to share best practices in active and applied learning, and discuss practice-based research to enhance student learning.
This year a view on the aspects of applied research will be added. How to conduct research in a teaching first environment and make use of this. Which characteristics of applied research are important to be used in teaching and vice versa?
The Summit will – once again - also provide an opportunity to examine the challenges and opportunities presented by COVID-19 and will offer us all an opportunity to explore the ways in which we can collaborate more effectively using our new-found virtual engagement skills and prepare for a hybrid future.
The 2022 Polytechnic Summit will take place as a hybrid event from June 28th to July 1st 2022, hosted by h_da – Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences. Participation is assumed at this stage to be in person or virtual.
To facilitate participation from the broadest range of locations, sessions will run each day from 14:00 to 18:00 local time.
h_da is one of Germany’s biggest universities of applied sciences. Founded in 1971/72 by a merger of several long established higher educational institutions from a wide range of disciplines, we are celebrating or 50th anniversary in 2022! In a country with a strict distinction between vocational training on the one hand and university studies on the other, h_da as university is committed to practical study programs and applied research topics. h_da is a founding member of the European University of Technology. We believe in a technological education that empowers citizens and impacts society to build a powerful Europe of the century to come.
PS2022 offers local and virtual participants the unique opportunity to network, to collaborate, to inform, and to learn from the development of the Universities of Applied Sciences, and from developments at other practice-based higher education institutions. PS2022 will be hosted on the h_da main campus in Darmstadt, just 25 minutes away from the Frankfurt Airport. Participants will get to explore and present topics that are core to polytechnic education.
- Design (Programmes, Curriculum, Organisation)
- Practice-Based Learning
- Applied Research
- Employability and Graduate Skills
- Internationalisation, Global Teaching & Collaboration
- Sustainability Theme
Call for Papers (Full Paper Submission Process & Dates)
- Paper submission on or before 4th April 2022
- Paper may be up to a maximum of 5.500 words in length (excluding references, figures and tables), a short paper would include 2.000 words in length (excluding references, figures and tables)
- Paper should be submitted in pdf format
- Paper may be submitted individually or as part of a grouped thematic submission
- Paper may be individual efforts or may be multi-author efforts
- Paper may be complemented by a video
- Feedback and Decisions will be notified by 9th May 2022.
- All accepted and presented papers will be published in the event’s proceedings
Full Papers are submitted through Easy Chair.
Registration & Fees
The Registration will be available soon.
Participation fees for GPEA PS2022
Soon you will find the programme of PS2022 here.
If you have any questions about the summit organisation please do not hesitate to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org