Research at the University of Applied Sciences Darmstadt
Research, development and transfer is a central and lively component of Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences. This is reflected in the increasing number of research projects in the various research topics that have been carried out over the years. The Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences cooperates in many ways and participates in research initiatives. Internal and external networking as well as the strengthening of research-related cooperation and lively knowledge and technology transfer are actively promoted. To this end, invitations are extended to a wide variety of events, information and advice are provided, and young scientists are supported .
For the researchers of the h_da, various internal university facilities for information, advice and support as well as internal research funding measures are available in the Department II Research and Scientific Infrastructure:
the Service Center Research and Transfer (SFT) supports the planning and execution of research projects financed with third-party funds.
the Center for Research and Development (ZFE) acts as a lobby for the researchers of the h_da and organizes the university's internal research funding.
the Graduate School of the University of Applied Sciences Darmstadt (GSD) is the central contact point for doctoral studies at the h_da.
Active research can be seen in all faculties of Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences in the form of the many current research projects in the various research topics. A focus is placed on interdisciplinarity, which is reflected in the establishment of research-related, mostly interdisciplinary research groups and institutes and in the formation of interdisciplinary associations of researchers in overarching research centers and doctoral centers.
The university's researchers actively foster scientific exchange and are networked in a variety of ways:
- in research groups and institutes
- on current research topics
- through inter-university cooperation in research initiatives
- in the emerging research centres
- in the form of active research, knowledge and technology transfer
- in doctoral centres for the awarding of doctoral degrees
- on the annual Research Day
- at the various events
- in participating in fairs and exhibitions
The Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences is committed to ensuring good scientific practice, transparency and integrity in research. This can be seen
- in the Statute for the assurance of good scientific practice of 02.07.2002
- in the Guideline on the management of intellectual property of 9.2.2016
- in the Statute of the Hochschule Darmstadt on informing the public about research funded by third parties of 21.12.2018
- in the establishment of a research information management system
- in the establishment of a research data management
- in the establishment of an ombudsman