Social Work PLUS Migration and Globalisation
|With admission restriction.|
Migration and globalisation are central dynamics of modern societies. Not least in the compulsory year abroad, students learn about migration as a central field of social work and develop a specialisation. International experience and intercultural competences prepare them for their future profession and help to promote the social inclusion of migrants. You can find more detailed information on the degree programme on the website of the Faculty of Social Work (German).
After completing the degree, there are a variety of employment opportunities, especially in social services and institutions with a focus on migration and asylum, as well as in corporate social work. With a view to the European and global market, there is employment potential in non-governmental organisations (NGOs) or in international voluntary work. An international professional career is possible.
Building on the Bachelor's degree, the following Master's programmes are possible:
The study programme is designed to last four years. In the first two years, knowledge of theories and methods of social work as well as social and communicative skills are taught - partly in English-language courses and by teachers from abroad. Internships are completed in fields of work that deal with migration, flight or internationality. In the third year, students go abroad. The aim of the stay is to deal with social problems and how to deal with them in the host country, as well as to deepen the focus of their studies at the respective partner university. After returning home the experiences made during the stay will be reflected upon and worked on. A detailed description of the study contents can be found in the module manual (German).
The degree programme Social Work PLUS Migration and Globalisation (B.A.) is subject to limited admission (NC) and requires in-depth language skills (German C2, English B2).
The following school-leaving qualifications, among others, apply as admission requirements:
- General higher education entrance qualification
- Subject-related higher education entrance qualification valid in Hesse
- previous education recognised by the Hessian Minister of Education and Cultural Affairs as equivalent to the advanced technical college entrance qualification
- an advanced technical college entrance qualification valid in Hesse
- a successfully passed university entrance examination for vocationally qualified persons
- the examination for the master craftsman's diploma as well as comparable qualifications in advanced vocational training.
A detailed description of the admission requirements can be found in the Special Provisions of the Examination Regulations (German).