Applied Social Sciences
|Standard period of study||Semester|
|Without admission restriction.|
Companies and administrations invest a lot of money in product development, information campaigns and the recruitment of professionals, in social and health promotion, in education and training, but what effects do these measures have? How can they be developed and improved? The need for reliable facts and figures is high. Professionals who can recognise tasks and solve them in a practical way are in demand. You can find more detailed information on the study programme on the website of the Faculty of Social Sciences.
- Marketing, public relations, media/online communication, customer and target group management
- Market research, development of innovative and digital products, innovation management, user and usability research
- sustainable products and services, environmental education/education for sustainable development, cooperation with developing and emerging countries
- Culture and tourism management, user experiences, evaluation of social and cultural services
- Human Resources, Equality and Diversity Management
- Further education and health promotion, staff and works councils, labour market promotion.
The first semesters introduce the social sciences and offer a first practical project. In the third semester, the specialisations "Innovation and Evaluation" and "Industrial Relations and Diversity" begin, as well as the social science methods training. In addition, there are courses for interdisciplinary qualification (SuK) and language courses. In the fourth and fifth semesters, the focus is on the specialisations and another practice-oriented project. The sixth semester is followed by the practical phase and the final thesis. A detailed description of the course content can be found in the module manual (German).
The study programme Applied Social Sciences (B.A.) is subject to limited admission (NC). In addition to English language skills, the following school-leaving qualifications are required for admission:
- General higher education entrance qualification
- Subject-related higher education entrance qualification valid in Hesse
- University of Applied Sciences entrance qualification valid in Hessen
Applicants should have a good knowledge of English. Prospective students who have already taken up studies at another university must apply with a motivation letter. A detailed description of the admission requirements can be found in the Special Provisions of the Examination Regulations (German).
Elin Larissa Hirt
Derzeit ist eine offene Sprechstunde nicht möglich, schreibt mir eine Email und wir vereinbaren einen Onlinetermin oder finden eine andere Lösung zu euren Fragen. Emails bitte an: email@example.com
Prof. Dr. Jan Barkmann
Office: A12, 3.07