Computer Science - dual (Bachelor's degree)
|Standard period of study||7 Semester|
|winter semester/ summer semester|
|Without admission restriction.|
It is impossible to imagine our everyday life without information technology. It plays a major role in all key technologies and is therefore a degree programme with excellent career prospects. Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences offers computer science in two dual variants. During their studies, students are employed by an IT company.
The Cooperative Degree Programme in Computer Science (KoSI) combines topics from general and business information technology. Individual specialisations are possible via elective modules. In addition to KoSI, the dual study programme IT Security (KITS) exists in the Bachelor's area. More detailed information on the programme can be found on the website of the Faculty of Computer Science.
After successful completion of Informatik dual (KoSI) an employment in the following fields of work is conceivable:
- Secure software development/design, testing and maintenance
- IT and security consulting and user training
- Development, support of databases and networks
- Securing and monitoring of IT infrastructure
- Design and quality assurance of embedded systems
- Software development for embedded systems.
Building on the Bachelor's degree, the following Master's programmes are possible:
A dual study programme supplements study events at the university with practical phases in the company and thus offers valuable insights into professional practice in addition to the scientific university education. Compared to graduates of regular courses of study, dual students acquire a higher degree of manual skills and key qualifications. In addition, the dual study programmes have excellent student success and transfer rates. The company remuneration during the study period enables financial independence and concentration on the studies. You can find a detailed presentation of the study programme in the module manual (German).
KoSI is not restricted (no NC). A prerequisite for enrolment is a student contract with a partner company of the university. These school-leaving certificates, among other things, are regarded as admission requirements:
- General higher education entrance qualification
- Subject-related higher education entrance qualification valid in Hessen
- Advanced technical college entrance qualification valid in Hessen.
KoSI can be started in the winter and summer semester. The application should be sent directly to the partner company. If successful, a student contract will be concluded between you and the company. This is followed by enrolment at the university. Application and further information can be found at www.h-da.de/bewerbung. A selection of interested companies is listed at www.partner.infdl.de. A detailed description of the admission requirements can be found in the Special Provisions of the Examination Regulations (German).
On the pages of the department you find a list with Partner companies. In addition, suitable companies can be added as new practice partners.
Information Science and Computer Science
- Computer Science (Bachelor's degree)
- Computer Science - dual with focus IT Security (Bachelor's degree)
- Computer Science with focus Communication and Medi
- Information Science (B.Sc.)