Applying with foreign certificate

Will my foreign educational certificates permit me to study in Germany?

The Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences (h_da) is a member of the centralized applicant association  ‘uni-assist’. Uni-assist determines whether the graduation certificate awarded you overseas entitles you to study in Germany, and at the h_da. The criteria considered are based on specifications established by the central office for foreign educational systems (ZAB) and the Hessian Ministry for Higher Education, Research and the Arts. 


Check: University Access

Using the ‘Check: University Access’ tool from uni-assist will enable you to simply and quickly ascertain whether your certificates entitle you to a study place in Germany, before you actually apply.

Admissions criteria

Application deadlines

Degree courses with admissions restrictions (n.c.)

The numbers of study places are limited. 


Degree courses without admissions restrictions (unlimited)

The numbers of study places are not limited, meaning you will be granted a study place provided your all of the documents you submit are correct and complete. Master’s degree courses are subject to admissions (German) requirements.


Degree courses with aptitude tests

In the case of degree courses with aptitude tests (German), it is determined whether applicants have sufficient artistic aptitude to be admitted. 


Application procedure

Applications are submitted to uni-assist, where all documents are examined. If the results are positive, uni-assist then forwards your application to us electronically. A processing fee will be charged for processing your application at uni-assist. We would advise you to submit your application as soon as possible. 


Important notes

Documents: the application process is being carried out entirely online. In this case, as an exception, additional certified document copies need not be sent to uni-assist by post.

Language skills: language exams are currently not being held in many countries. In such cases, and as an exception, certificates of attendance will also be acknowledged. Should your application be approved, you will need to submit the requisite language certificate to the SSC before your registration, at the latest. 

Additional Information


Billie Hill
Isabell Schader
Pascal Hellriegel


Telephone consultation





10:00 - 12:00



10:00 - 12:00



10:00 - 12:00